Wednesday, February 21, 2007

iPod Shuffle Rocks!

Last night, I bought an iPod shuffle. Today was my first full use of it—at the office where I use it as a "firewall" against the chatter of my cubicle neighbors. Now, I'm here singing its praises.

This tiny little thing rocks! It's size is about 1 mere square inch. It's sturdy enough to withstand the normal dings and drops it'll inevitably encounter. Its battery has blessedly lasted all day. Of course, none of this would matter if the sound quality was awful. But, happily, the sound quality is just as good as that delivered by it's older brother, the iPod Mini.

I bought the shuffle ($80) because my iPod mini is not working right now. Its nearly 2 year old battery finally gave up the ghost.

Yesterday was the first time in ages I worked at my desk without the benefit of a sonic wall between me and my neighbors. Horrors! ;^) Anywho, that was enough to motivate to buy a musical lifeboat to tide me over until my iPod mini gets its battery replaced (gotta ship it and wait a week or two).

I also opted to buy a 2 year extended coverage contract for $20. Coverage includes, among other things, the battery wearing out (free replacement). Since I'm plugged into this day in and day out, that was an easy decision for me.

Once again, I say bless the capitalists who made this possible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you like your ipod nano. my ipod battery died then i found www.ipodjuice.com using google or yahoo or something and they sent me a kit to replace the battery in my mini ipod and _surprise!_ i did it!