Saturday, December 1, 2007

Miata vs Maserati

This summer, Mary and I paid a visit to her sister in Maine. While we were there, she let us drive one of her cars. Not big on cars, all I keyed in on was that it was sporty and close to the ground. I loved it. Later, relating it to friends, all I recalled was that its name started with M. I ended up confusing Maserati with Miata. I drove the latter not the former.

Later, I was duly corrected as to the magnitude of my gaffe. Yikes!

So, here's the evidence. Me in a...Miata!

Of course, we're in the driveway before take off. Unfortunately, Mary could not run fast enough in front of the car on the highway to catch me in action. (Come on, Honey! Put some effort into it!) ;^)

Ok, I'm ready to go, baybee!

Vrrrrroooom, Vrrrrroooom!

3 comments:

SecFox HQ said...

Hey! Mazda's go Zoom-Zoom, not Vrooom, vroom! Hehehehehe

m said...

my maserati does 185, i lost my license and now i don't drive. i live in hotels, tear out the walls, just leave a message, maybe i'll call.
--n.b. forgive any misheard lyrics.
how you could have confused a miata with a maserati is beyond, one word for you--paint job.

Dennis said...

Paint job? I'm gettin' itchy just thinkin' of it after all my 2007 paint projects. ;^)

Yeah, I deserve the ribbing now that I see the price difference between the 2 cars--over $80 grand. Damn, whadda gaffe!

Still, I was quite content with my zoom-zoom experience. :^)