Monday, November 26, 2007

Tecnu

This is more a reminder to myself than a plug to you for a product named Tecnu. I mention it because I'm now about 6 weeks into trying to get over a serious bout of poison ivy.

Yes, I've seen a doctor. Prednisone was part of my treatment. That got the worst out but more lingered. My doctor thinks it may have triggered shingles. Though I doubt that I can't argue with the success of the medication he prescribed: famciclovir; the remainder of the rash is retreating quickly now.

Phew!

Hence my advocacy of Tecnu. Had I used it within 8 hours of raking piles and piles of leaves for Mary, I could have been spared a lot of discomfort. The stuff is effective in removing the oils within poison ivy that bonds to your skin. It's even fairly good in mild cases of poison ivy once you get it.

Live and learn. :^)

No comments: