Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pandora

Check out Pandora.com. It's basically a free, personalized radio station. You set it up to play music you like.

While doing that, the site takes into account what you've already played and starts playing similar music from other artists you may like. If you hear something you don't like, click the "thumbs up" to signal your pleasure. Otherwise, thumbs down or, if you're on the fence, ignore it. Thumbs down ends the song immediately and a new song starts playing.

Easy stuff.

I've found some nice tunes for my iPod using this site. For example, I created a Tangerine Dream station. Right now, Pandora is playing The Real Dream of Sails by Harold Budd. Never heard of him before but I like this soothing music in this context of late night typing, ending my broadcast day. :^)

No comments: