Monday, November 12, 2007

Bathroom Upgrade

Well, at long last, I've finally found some time to report on major changes to my condo's bathroom. I opted not to collect before pics. It's sufficient that those who have seen it will appreciate the contrast.

Reminder: Click a pic to see it enlarged.

Vanity

First, check out this vanity. It's 36 inches wide vs. the old one's 24. For my taste, I had too much space on either side. I wanted to fill it with something attractive as well as gain drawers (none in the older one) and ample storage space to reduce counter clutter.

This pic also gives you the first view of my new wallpaper. I really like this pattern. I like how it catches the light as well as blending in with the other light colors of the room.

Sink

This pic is a closer look at the granite sink. It was on sale at Home Depot. It's quite a contrast to the cheap vinyl top of my previous counter top.

Wallpaper

This pic shows a corner of the bathroom to highlight the new wallpaper. However, looking at it now, I realize it needs something there to set it off well. The shopping continues!

Shower

This final pic is, of course, of my shower stall. Check out the tile about it. That space right under the shower nozzle was previously occupied by peeling, thin wallpaper. How the previous owner/builder thought it prudent to place wallpaper (not even wallpaper suitable to a heavy water area) directly underneath a shower nozzle escapes me. Worse, the wallpaper was affixed without first priming the drywall.

Now, as you can see, tile adorns the area above the shower. Sensible and pleasing to the eye, at least to my eye. This angle also shows the kind of look Mary and I were going for in our selections—wallpaper, tile, and tub juxtaposed. The new shower nozzle and its extension have been a welcome treat.

Missing here is a pic of the new nickle plated light fixture and the new towel rods. We're not done with those yet. More to follow.

I can't end without thanking Mary effusively for her relentless help in every detail, including installing the wallpaper. Productivity is a major Objectivist virtue. Mary owns that virtue in spades!

No comments: