Wednesday, November 21, 2007

TV/DVD Stand

Finally, here's a pic of the TV/DVD stand. The speakers on top are supposed to be surround sound but they don't work, at least not yet. I'm still trying to fathom that part.

If my struggle with the DVD player speakers continue, I'll just return the DVD set to the store and stick with a simpler system. Besides, the placement of the surround sound speakers requires more work than I'm willing to do for the space with which I'm working.

Not shown is my VCR. Can't get that to work yet either. It's heading to storage for now. More pressing tasks await. :^)

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Follow-up: The DVD with its surround sound speakers is now back at Costco. I could get only 2 out of 5 speakers to work. Putting more effort into the other 3 speakers was not worth it. Success on that front would have left me with a new problem -- how to handle getting 3 speakers to the other side of the room without it looking to awful with wires crossing the room? No small task. Moreover, the payoff was small given the small size of the room involved.

Long story short--much easier to return the set and, in effect, trade it in for a much cheaper DVD player, a nifty iPod/radio combination, and a literally cool laptop device -- something that cools the laptop while it's on my lap and has extra USB ports for my laptop (which actually comes in handy these days with all the new, practical gadgets that are out there).