Sunday, November 12, 2006

Skype Rules!

If you are not already familiar with Skype, here's the deal. It's a way to talk to friends literally anywhere in the world for free!

How? I have no idea how, precisely. I just know that if you have a DSL or cable connection (much faster than dial-up) to the internet you can take advantage of this freebie by going to http://www.skype.com and downloading their free software. They'll spell out for you how to proceed from there.

Note: You'll also need to buy or find a microphone for your computer. They're cheap -- something like $10 or less. You'll get that value back with one free "phone" call to anyone in the world.

So far, I've used Skype to talk to my friend, Barry, in London and Istanbul. The sound quality is excellent -- his as well as Skype's. :^)

Don't forget the part about it being free. It fits right in with my "life is good" theme!

No comments: